Wednesday, May 19, 2010

all I wanna do is have a little fun before I die

This is funny (indeed)... We all wish at some point in our lives to have at least a little bit of amusement, meaning that we spend our lives in nothing but work, or things that are usually opposite to the idea of amusement. Or even worse, we spend our lives doing nothing at all. We just keep on going, not living, just existing. What's the point? Even if you believe something else is waiting for us after "death", there must be a reason for us to stay here while we are not "there". If it's not for fun, it's for doing something good. May that be good for anyone, you, me, no one in special.
Or, maybe, we tend to think that we usually do is not funny, or enjoyable, even if we intend to have fun. Maybe our idea of "having a little fun before we die" means to do something really dazzling, impressive, like the ones in a classic list of thing to do before one dies. Things that we could have done before, but we didn't simply because we never found that so interesting or funny, like skydiving, or getting to know some distant relatives. So why worry about those things, at the end of our lives? Seems like a waste of precious time. I wanna do things WAY before I die. All kinds of thing. I wanna screw up, I wanna regret... Go out on bad dates, drink lousy wine, laugh a lot, sleep badly, then wake up in a freaking hungover, have a job, get tired of it, yell at people, get fired, sleep a lot, then be up all night doing nothing but reading poor jokes on the web. I wanna travel, know places, complain about the bad hotel service, find a wonderful new place to eat...I want to be with who I love and care about. And also run away and be alone on self indulgence is necessary. So...whatever. I do want to live. Either way. But there is no way for me to say that I wanna have a little fun before I die. A little for me is not enough amount. Before I die is not enough time. Fun? Well, life is fun!!

"Otherwise the bar is ours, the day and the night
And the car wash, too, the matches and the
Buds, and the clean and dirty cars,
The sun and the moon , 'Cause
All I wanna do is have some fun..."
(Sheryl Crow)

PS: who in the world, besides Sheryl Crow, uses the word "apropos", for Heaven's sake?!?!?

No comments: